This program focuses on refining and the use of petroleum to obtain other products like plastics, drugs , cosmetics etc. The course includes subjects like reaction engineering, heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and refinery operations with due weight-age on numerical computation process control.
Students will gain full knowledge in;
- Development of piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Construction and maintenance of new improvement schemes for exploration and processing
- Conducting Hazard and operability study (HAZOP) for all existing and newly introduced schemes
- Conducting cost benefit analysis and trend analysis of projects
- Hydrocracking, catalytic conversion processes and product treating